Total Pageviews

Monday, 28 July 2014

Tick Tock Tick Tock The Mouse Ran Up The Clock

With time running out here's a quick update on my BOYL progress.

I've got these guys started:

 and been distracted by these:

I've never been entirely happy with the paint job I did on the robes of the original 12 or so I painted up and been frustrated trying to emulate the paint job on later unit additions so I've re-undercoated the robes on all of them and I'm planning on re-painting them over the next couple of days.

I also bought a lump of blue foam to work on my earthworks/hole. I've given it some careful thought and the only way I can think of to make something that looks vaguely realistic is to have a hill to create an entry/exit point. If I don't then I can't really make anything that looks like it's going downwards.

Time will tell if I can make it look acceptable!


  1. Your output lately has really amped up. BOYL looks to be a great motivator.
    What if u had a team of gutter runners imfiltrating a well either going or coming up would look great.

  2. I've thought about that but Erny has specifically requested an earthworks which in terms of modelling some thing that looks like it's going down.