Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 May 2022

A Gathering of Mighty Painters Month 5

Gorfang Rotgut glared at the Goblin.

"What makes ya fink I wantz yer elp?" He growled.

"Well Boss, I can call you Boss right?" said the Gobbo "We is dead aard n dere's lots ov me ladz n wez can elps ya beat dat git wot youz iz gunna crump".

"Haw haw haw haw" laughed Gorfang "Yer puny and yer scared ov yer own shada."

Grotslik Wartnibble looked up into the big Orc's face and said "Tell ya what, we'ze'll be da furst wave, we can go and qipes dem owt n den all youz ave ta do iz mop up wat's left."

"You wantz ta be da furst attak?" smiled Gorfang. "Against Night Gobbos?".

"Yes" Grotslik nodded.

"You eva scrap wiv Night Gobbos before?" enquired Gorfang.

"No" said Grotslik."Just one question"

"Wat?" asked Gorfang.

"Wat's da difference between Goboz n Night Goboz?"

"Ummmmm, dey wear dresses" replied Gorfang.

"Oh well" said Grotslik confidently, "We'll 'ave a smashing time!"

"U can say dat again" thought Gorfang smiling to himself. 

 Grotslik's Gibbering Jabbers.

The requirement for Month 5 of "A Gathering of Mighty Painters" was for a Regiment and as I was lacking any Gobbo regiments I went for my pledged Gobbo Spears. This unit may not be exciting but it certainly is nostalgic of 4th Ed.

Often as I paint a unit I try to come up with a name and even a background if I'm feeling particularly inspired. The name for these little chaps fell into place when I settled upon the shields they would be using. For aesthetic reasons I had to use the shields these symbols of 4th Ed came with and as my brain likes painting in repetition I decided to use a single design.

When I sorted through my shields I found two designs I had the most of. One was a wolf head and the other was a goblins head. Originally I had planned to use the wolf head designs for my 4th Ed Wolf Riders but I really wasn't keen on the goblin head shield, however, as I started to paint the unit I started thinking of the Green Goblin of Spiderman fame and I started cackling maniacally and then my brain went to the DC's Joker and I realised that the grinning goblin motif worked.

Grotslik's Gibbering Jabbers were born.



Next month is Characters and I can't wait to see what my fellow painters have planned.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! What a loverly mob of grinning loons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the narratives you write for these! And all those ouchy spears for sticking and stabbing humans. They look very fearsome, well painted indeed - the red spears, while not to everyone's taste, are 100% accurate of the era! My High Elves had those red spears too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bud, that means a lot, I thought now one was paying them much attention, nice t know someone is.

      Yes, those spears are lethal and red is the only colour you can legally paint them.

      Delete