Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Three is the Magic Number





3




That's the Magic Number




Yes it is




It's the Magic Number


Oh and also this




OK, so BOYL was the next day and I needed to get some artillery painted fast so I cheated.

I'd had an idea a few weeks before to spray it all in the same Army Painter  Desert Yellow colour I'd been using for the wood of my weapons up until now but shirked away from that idea as a short cut that I didn't want to take as it would be cheating and wouldn't look right, it would obscure the detail (etc......) I sprayed them black and put them to one side, and the weeks ticked on and I just hadn't gotten around to painting them. Now time was almost up and I was going to have to head to BOYL with no artillery for my Dwarves..........................................

Like BUGGERY was I going to let that happen so I picked up the Desert Yellow Spray and hoped for the best.

And boy am I glad I did!

Spraying them and then just painting the detail was a master stroke. I think my gamble paid off and I'm really happy with the outcome.

Yes it's simple but it works and they drew lots of compliments at BOYL with people amazed at how easy the method was.

Time for me to toddle now but I hope to bring you a big run down of the whole army soon.

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment if you'd be so kind.

14 comments:

  1. I just wish I'd have seen them on the other side of the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still can at some point bud, BOYL isn't the only possibility!

      Delete
    2. Yes, you're not that far away, or you could come over to me?

      Delete
    3. Happily mate, I'd happily pop over to you one weekend maybe, you often do the driving, only fair I take a turn.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, I'll message you via the Forum, to arrange.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Same rule for cooking presentation, odd numbers look better than even ones!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I keep trying the AP colour match sprays but tend to find they're too thick but the desert yellow looks about right.

      Delete
  4. Army shot! Army shot! Arty pieces came out most excellent. There is no cheating when it comes to getting stuff finished, silly Snickit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Army shot will be coming soon, I promise.

      Delete
  5. So cool, I had all of those back in the day.

    ReplyDelete