Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 November 2022

A Gathering of Mighty Painters - Month 7 - The Final Month

Running-Nose looked at Squatting-Troll the Shamen.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yes Boss" replied Squatting-Troll, "Outside Big Boss come, he lead us to big battle, we kill many Gobbos".

Running-Nose smiled, the Blue Man Goop Tribe had been itching for a good scrap for ages. He watched as the large Orc army shambled into their Village.

The large Orc at it's head stoped and bellowed.

"I iz Gorfang Rotgut, Chieftan of da Redfang Orcs an I iz lukin fer Boyz wot iz up fer a scrap"

"Me iz Running-Nose, Chief of da Blue Man Goop, meez Boyz iz gud fytaz, mee seez da lotta Boyz yu av, meez boyz joinz youz so youz don't krump uz."

"Gud!" exclaimed Gorfang.

"Meez got Petz too" said Running-Nose, pointing towards the river beyond the village.

Gorfang was intrigued and walked with Running-Nose (and a large number of Orc Bodyguards) to the banks of the river.

Running-Nose stopped and, beating his chest" let out a loud call:

"Waaaaaa-aaaaaarrrrr-ggghhhhhhh"

Gorfang watched as bubbles appeared on the surface of the river, three large heads broke the surface and gurgled at Running-Nose.

"Weez go huntin' now" said Running-Nose.

Three monsterous River Trolls emerged from the water, drippng with putrid slime.

"Oh yez" gleamed Gorfang, "dese will do nicely" rubbing his hand together.


Oh heck, I never did finish this post, I found it unposted on my blog admin page - D'oh!


Well here it is.


I should really have my thoughts about the challenge,


But it's so far past the end of the challenge now,


That it seems a bit pointless,


Or rather,


I can't be arsed, so,


I'll let you look at the "pretty" pictures instead,


and if you don't think they're pretty,


the you're probably right.


And here's the final army:


At some point I need to play out the final outcome of this - Gorfang Vs Skarsnick and when I do report back on the battle.

So this was heaps of fun to do and I will do another, but maybe not a full army painting challenge for a yea as I'm pretty burned out painting two such armies in a year.


6 comments:

  1. That is looking stonking. Five Doom Divers? Maniac you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more to get an easy 500pts painted up :D

      Delete
  2. Great efforts regardless, Sir Snickit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Dave, quite an achievement - two armys in a year.

    ReplyDelete